Since we began planning this Appalachian Trail hike, our good friend John Gurney was diagnosed with metastatic malignant melanoma. The Gurney family is experiencing financial challenges with John’s treatments, but have a strong faith in God’s provision and protection.
It became apparent to us that this hike now has a greater purpose —
“Hike for John”
We are asking our friends and family (and your friends and family) to help in fundraising to assist the Gurney family with their medical expenses. Would you consider sponsoring our 2,180 mile hike with one of the following?
- A penny per mile = $21.80
- A nickel per mile = $109.00
- A dime per mile = $218.00
- A donation of any amount.
100% of your donation will help the Gurney Family and donations will be funneled into one Health Account for John’s medical expenses. Please make your donation at any time.
1. P.O. Box: Send a check to John or Jill Gurney at P.O. Box 41, Shelby, OH 44875.
2. Mechanics Bank: Visit any of the 8 Richland County, Ohio locations and make a deposit into the Gurney Health Account.
3. YouCaring: Pay online via paypal, credit or debit. A 2.9% and $.30 fee will be applied by either paypal or the credit/debit card company.
THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!
— Chief and Toad
For more information on John’s new race to run, visit the Gurney blog at jgurneyfamily.blogspot.com
“And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” Hebrews 12:1-2